Address Book Version 4.1.1 (695) Not syncing with Exchange OWA

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dquattlebum, Aug 1, 2008.

1. dquattlebum macrumors member

Hello, I've spent the last few hours searching for a solution to my issue.

I'm not getting any errors so I don't have one to provide.

So far I have Address Book setup with my Microsoft 2003 OWA information and the Sync "runs" but it does not update the contacts.

Just to make sure it was connecting to something I intentionally entered my OWA web address incorrectly, and it gave me the error "iSync cannot connect", so I'm positive I'm entering the information correctly.

Nothing is syncing at all.

I have gone through the steps provided from apple support in regards to Address Book but have not had any success.

I'm looking to see if anyone else has their Address Book set up and syncing through OWA with some success.

Let me know.

Thanks.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

First off, nothing syncs with Outlook Web Access. Syncing is done with your Exchange server. OWA is merely a Web-based client that allows you to interact with your Exchange server. Exchange is not a fixed target. Every installation is different.

Second, if you are trying to get Address Book to communicate with your Exchange server from outside the server's domain, then your efforts are likely to be futile. IT often disables direct access to its Exchange server from outside domains.

Third, if you are trying to get Address Book to communicate with your Exchange server from within the server's domain, then your efforts likely to range somewhere between difficult and futile. You will save yourself a lot of grief if you seek assistance from your IT staff. Without staff assistance, you will save a lot of time by examining all of the settings in an installation of Outlook which has a working setup of your account.