Address book won't sync to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by afteryouwho, Mar 9, 2012.

1. afteryouwho macrumors newbie

Hope someone can help me with this. Can't find anything on internet.

I am running Lion on my mac. I wanted to update my contacts on my iPad using iTunes (only way to do it).
    Opened iTunes, clicked on my iPad>info>Sync contacts>all contacts.
    I then did a sync. When I went to my contacts on the iPad, completely blank! It erased everything!! I tried it a couple of time with the same result.
    Everything else synced perfectly: my music, movies, photos, etc.

My work-around was to print the address book as a pdf and then get it to my iPad with DropBox. But that means I can't edit anything.

I have the feeling that this is an issue with Lion or the new version of iTunes because it never happened with Snow Leopard.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

2. gboswellsac macrumors member

I'm having same problems.. get a contact with notes set up in ipad contact and after I sync in itunes the data created in ipad is gone on the ipad. Now my Android keeps everything Mark Sync to MBP and only calendar syncs .. contacts never. Ipad had better ability than Contacts in OS X but you lose .... I love the MBP and the Ipad2 but Nothing in Apple does like the Palm Desktop did with contacts. I guess if it is beyond the Name and contact info you are out of luck syncing ... Hope you have better luck. I have to keep a separate notebook app with the missing contact info on MBP and Ipad that I can keep together on Android. May not go to iphone after all.

3. elmo151 Guest

i gave myself up to the cloud and synching seems to work magically :D

have to turn on another machine [ipad,iPhone. appleTv. iMac] for it to work

4. laurenr macrumors 6502a

It is far more efficient to set up iCloud to handle syncing of your Address book, Calendar, notes, etc. That way, any info is pushed to all your devices. Say for example, you create a new note, or contact on your Mac, it will immediately appear on your iPad/iPhone, without having to go through the hassle of a physical connection via iTunes.

Read the article, "How to set up iCloud on your iPhone or*iPad":
    http://gigaom.com/apple/how-to-set-up-icloud-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/

It's really a great walk-through!