Addressbook crashes on launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kersti, Nov 8, 2008.

1. kersti macrumors newbie

For the last few weeks address book has been crashing on launch, it's most annoying. I'm not sure what I've installed that would have done that as I tend to do mass installs then remove stuff and didn't use addressbook for a few weeks.

When this happens I'll first click on address book and the light goes on in the dock but nothing else happens so I need to force quit, a second time it'll bring up the app after about 10 mins

Any ideas?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Have you run all your software updates? Do you sync to Entourage or MobileMe or to your phone? Are any other applications affected? If Address Book is just stand-alone, doesn't sync to anything else, see if it launches when you pull Macintosh HD/Users/(your user)/Library/Application Support/Address Book. If the application has no issue launching, somethings wrong with the data you have in there. If it still doesn't you'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall Address Book from your Optional Installs package on restore disc 1.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Try moving its plist file to the desktop and then see if it launches. If it does, then trash the file.