Addressbook - Lost contact

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vadim123, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Vadim123 macrumors newbie

Dear all,

If this sounds a bit desperate, it is because it is. I managed to lose a phone number from my address book in not a very smart way. That is, I created the contact, added a name, added a number - and forgot to save the contact. So when I tried to send an SMS to this person, my iPhone took me to my addressbook and the contact was gone with the phone number.

I have tried everything, except hiring a private detective to find her, and she is nowhere to be found. I readily admit the monumental scale of my stupidity, but this seems just slightly too much. What I am wondering is whether there might be a way of finding the number somewhere in my phone's memory although I never saved the contact, just the number. Could someone help me out?

For info: I have unfortunately turned off the phone since then...

2. dinamo9 macrumors member

I have had the exact same thing happen to me last night. Can anyone contribute to this situation? I'm hoping there is an activity log of inputs somewhere. Thanks so much for any help.

Miro