Addresses duplicated

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thebiggfella, Dec 9, 2013.

1. thebiggfella macrumors newbie

Hello. I've just noticed that some of the addresses in contacts on my iPad have been duplicated: the same address appears twice. I'm not sure how this has happened as my iPhone has just the one entry for the address.

If I scroll down to linked contacts, it shows iCloud and iPad. I just use iCloud for contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks etc, so I'm not sure where the 'iPad account' has come from. On my phone, there is no 'iPhone' in linked contacts.

Can anyone advise how to get rid of the iPad information in one go so that I'm left with just the iCloud information. I've had a look in 'settings' but there's nothing obvious that I can see. Thanks.

Also, I should add that it's just the addresses that are being duplicated, not phone numbers, email addresses etc.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

On the iPad, open your contacts app, and tap "Group" in top left corner. See if you have two groups, iCloud and iPad. If you do, the iPad group likely contains the duplicates. Go through them and delete them, checking to make sure they are duplicates.

3. thebiggfella thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. When I do as you say. I do have two groups: iCloud and PC but no iPad. I've just had another look in 'settings' but still can't find anything obvious. Also, if I go into a contact and click on iPad under Linked Contacts and then edit, there is no option to delete the iPad contact so it appears as if I can't even do it manually one by one.

I don't know where the iPad contact thing has come from as I never set it up. Any other suggestions?