Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xantufrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2023
I am glad I randomly checked their site - hadn't heard a peep in forever since RC2 and this was an exciting surprise. I'll try to get it installed and post impressions (super busy right now, though, so it might take me a while to get around to it). Anyone else give it a go yet?
20230907_090446.jpg

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
May 24, 2022
I am glad I randomly checked their site - hadn't heard a peep in forever since RC2 and this was an exciting surprise. I'll try to get it installed and post impressions (super busy right now, though, so it might take me a while to get around to it). Anyone else give it a go yet?
View attachment 2256122
let me check with my imac g3, but i don't have so much hope...

xantufrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2023
Yes I have replicated this issue on both my G4s. Did you report it on their web help chat? I did, and they are pretty responsive, but I presume the more people who report it hanging at that point the quicker it will get fixed

Reactions: Yumiko Noua

Yumiko Noua

macrumors regular
May 24, 2022
Yes I have replicated this issue on both my G4s. Did you report it on their web help chat? I did, and they are pretty responsive, but I presume the more people who report it hanging at that point the quicker it will get fixed
I contacted them on telegram, they respond pretty much faster.

Reactions: xantufrog

Roldan

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2019
I am trying to install Adelie 1.0 beta in my machine. I have to start from the root filesystem (the live disk cannot be booted directly in AmigaOne) as I aldready did with RC2, but I cannot anymore remember the 'root' password. Could someone here please help me? I was unable to locate the pwd from the documentation or with Duckduck search...

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2023
If you launch into recovery….you can do a passwd root command it will let you change any of the account passwords you have setup.

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2023
Has anyone had any success with the latest and if you have what is the machine your using it on and what desktop environment did you select on there website?

Roldan

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2019
If you launch into recovery….you can do a passwd root command it will let you change any of the account passwords you have setup.
Thanks for the tip... But as my machine cannot be booted with the live .iso images, the recovery mode is not (at least directly) available. But fortunately I found the password ("live") from another thread on this forum. After that, no problems with the installation.

Last edited:

Roldan

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2019
Has anyone had any success with the latest and if you have what is the machine your using it on and what desktop environment did you select on there website?

I installed the 'Beta5' 32bit PPC succesfully on my AmigaOne X5000, starting from the 'Full rootfs' package. I added both the Plasma and Mate desktop using apk. Both are working, but compared to other distros with Mate, Adelie is somewhat 'rudimentary'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.