adhoc, profile on iphone. what is that?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by David-fr, Nov 11, 2008.

1. David-fr macrumors 6502

[​IMG]]so i was looking at my iphone and went to settings>general>scroll all the way down and saw> profile then this image came up when I tap on it!

does anyone know what is this? i've never seen

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

3. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Right click on the ? and open in new tab.
    Only works for 2nd image.

4. David-fr thread starter macrumors 6502

the imaje

there we go.. i out the image
    sorry...but anyone knows what this is..is it like a virus?

5. Aj2488 macrumors regular

Something like this picture? I had it when I jailbroke and deleted them... everything worked fine. Than when I re-installed the normal Apple software without the jailbreak, these profiles were still there. Even after I deleted them again they came back. Luckily I remembered to delete them before I went to the Apple store with a different problem with the 3G iPhone. My friend's 3G never had those profiles until she jailbroke her's as well.

Attached Files:

6. David-fr thread starter macrumors 6502

my?

my isnt jailbroken. no offence but am agianst that..never would do it! never

anyone else?

7. Aj2488 macrumors regular

None taken, I only had my phone jailbroke for 1 day.... I didn't see the hype over it either. I'm just hoping that 2.2 has everything we want like everyone else in this community!

Good luck with your question!

8. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

Ad Hoc connections are necessary when tethering. If you were to create an Ad Hoc connection between your computer and your iPhone, you then would be able to use your phone's EDGE/3G connection to connect to the internet.

9. David-fr thread starter macrumors 6502

wowo

i used to use netshare. but form one moment i was unable to use it dont know why...what if this thing is blocking my conection...it says: adhoc by apple inc!

10. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

This is true but has nothing to do with what the OP is asking.

Those profiles are provisioning profiles, used for iPhone development/App store submission. They are part of the signing process whereby only signed 3rd party code can be run on the phone.

OP: Has your phone ever been used, by someone, for iPhone development? Have you ever been sent a provisioning profile to install a 3rd party app on your phone (these are necessary to install 3rd party apps that are not released via the app store, and are tied to device id of your phone)? These profiles can be installed via Xcode or iTunes, and the profiles themselves are generated by Apple through the iPhone developer program.

11. David-fr thread starter macrumors 6502

there u go!

yes i was ask to run an app for test...but could never installed the app!
    i think that what u say has alot of sense! thanks.

i just erease the profile and nothing happened..thanks

12. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

That's a possibility... I don't know... I wasn't lucky enough to get netshare so I can't tell you if that's the case. I checked my phone and I don't have that on my settings.

Btw, I do have my phone jailbroken and on occasions have used PdaNet and I can't see that on my phone. Only thing I can think of is that your phone has been seeded something that you were not aware of by apple.

13. David-fr thread starter macrumors 6502

actually a apps developer ask me to run and test an app for him..so the adhoc was a file that he send me with the app i just remember that..

14. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

Alright cool! :D