Adium 1.0.5 Out Now

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HermanTheGerman, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Downloaded it, but since downgraded back to 1.0.4, it seems to take forever to sign in (Using MSN, AIM, ICQ, YIM and GMail) and only displays some of my online contacts, which it displays change every time I log in. Bah.

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Let's stay OT shall we? :)

I'm excited to update... too bad I'm not on my MB right now.

Has anyone else had issues w/ adium crashing quite frequently (say once a day)? :eek: I hope this update helps w/ that...

3. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I was really hoping for Web Cam support.:( I have been using aMSN but have yet to get it to work with a person using Windows Live Messenger.

Note: I also have not been working diligently to get aMSN to work either.

4. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Is it still only Mercury Messenger that supports the use of the iSight camera on MSN Messenger?

I was hoping the new release of Adium did, but doesn't mention it anywhere on their website.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I really think that Mercury Messenger (not the released version, but the latest RC - Download link) is much better than aMSN :)
    No, but the other (aMSN) isn't as nice IMO as the linked RC4 of Mercury...

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I get "file not found" - have they updated the link? What do you mean by aMSN? Adium MSN?

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Oops...the link used to work...I'll try to find another one...this is aMSN :)

EDIT: Here's a link for Mercury 1.9 RC5

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Adium probably won't support video until Pidgin does.

9. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Thanks - aMSN is pretty ugly like.

I really like MSN Messenger for Mac - it is slick and nice design, it's just a pain it doesn't have webcam support.

Is there any skins for likes of Mercury Messenger/aMSN that mimick the Mac MSN Messenger skin?

10. floatingspirit macrumors 6502

Huh, I use it every day for work and it has yet to crash on me...could there be ants in your cpu? :p

Adium rocks!

11. evands macrumors member

You get this in 1.0.5 but not in 1.0.4? Sampling describes how to get information (while trying to connect which is "taking forever" for you) which could help determine the bottleneck.

That shouldn't happen! If it continues with 1.0.5, please file a bug report :)

12. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yew downloaded it and am using now, seems exactly the same to me as 1.0.4... havent noticed anything yet

wonder if camera support will come in soon. i know its extremely hard to do, but would be good. doesnt matter tho.

oh is this still beta/??

13. aspro macrumors 6502

Working fine here, no abnormal behaviour. That said I had no issues with the previous version either.