Adium + aim; driving me insane!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theLemur, Apr 28, 2009.

1. theLemur macrumors regular

I use adium for about 6 different IM protocols. Aim is giving me hell lately. When I try to connect, it constantly retries, and can never connect successfully. It displays two messages:

"Error: Connection Refused" and then after a few tries "Network Offline"

I thought that the inability to connect was due to the frequent reconnect attempts, but I can connect through meebo.com with no problem, so it doesn't appear to be related to the account itself. There are very few settings to change, so I'm just not sure what to do!

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

3. theLemur thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, that helped a lot. I found out that its prob. this little snitch program that i have running. I deleted the program, but it won't stop running on startup.

4. one1 macrumors 65816

You deleted LS because it blocked the port???????? You know LS is made to block it by your settings. That's what it does. You simply choose to allow the traffic to the AIM server in the options.

Holding my tongue on the rest..... as hard as it is to do so.

5. theLemur thread starter macrumors regular

I deleted it because it stopped responding properly. The preferences windows would no longer open. Even after I deleted the file in the applications folder, it still ran on startup. I've gone through all the uninstalls, and it is STILL blocking the ports.