Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sneeper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
San Francisco
I love Adium. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to sign up for a Jabber account using Adium. I don't see a "register for new account" checkbox.. just username and password.. and when I fill in what I want, it just prompts me again since the account doesn't exist yet.

Seems silly to have to download another client just to register! Am I missing an obvious function or preference somewhere?

P.S. I'm on version 0.63.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Sneeper said:
Actually, this is for an internal jabber server with no web access. Clients (like GAIM) can happily register to it. Why not Adium? :(
thats bizarre...adium is based on libgaim, it should work if gaim does..

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
I doubt you can do this on adium yet, but the best place to look is on the Adiumx forums for advice. Remember, adium is a beta client, even if it is a very good one.

thats bizarre...adium is based on libgaim, it should work if gaim does..

Although adium is based on libgaim, libgaim and gaim are totally different programs. The calls for alot of stuff are in libgaim, but adium just doesn't make use of them.

BEN

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
saabmp3 said:
Although adium is based on libgaim, libgaim and gaim are totally different programs. The calls for alot of stuff are in libgaim, but adium just doesn't make use of them.
that is true..

you can also ask the folks in #adium, including most of the adium devs, on freenode.

Sneeper

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
San Francisco
übergeek said:
that is true..

you can also ask the folks in #adium, including most of the adium devs, on freenode.

Thanks for the IRC channel bit. I asked and someone there told me it was a missing feature. Sadness.

Thanks anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.