Adium Color Themes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scotty588, Apr 10, 2007.

1. scotty588 macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any recommended Adium color themes? It seems many people dock it to the left side of their screen and turn it transparent so it blends in with the desktop. I am on a Macbook Pro with a 15" screen so I don't have that much screen space but I do like that. I can't really find a good theme to use plus I have a lot of contacts so I have to make the font small for contacts to fit. Any suggestions?

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Have a look at http://www.adiumxtras.com.

Also you can look at my xtras in my signature. Even with xtras installed you still control the font size so you shouldn't have a problem.

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

To save screen space, you can also have it auto-hide when Adium isn't in focus. That's what I do when I'm on my MacBook. Then you just flick your mouse over to the side of the screen to see it, or click on the Adium icon in the dock. I also have Growl notifications setup so that I can see when people come online even though the buddy list is usually hidden.

4. scotty588 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good idea thanks for the suggestions.

Quick question. What is the difference between a sticky growl notification and a non sticky one?

5. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

A sticky notification will stay there until you click on it. I only use those for calendar reminders and similar types of things, so that if it pops up while I'm away I still see it when I get back.