Adium connection troubles

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thegrandmaster, Jan 18, 2008.

1. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

Hey guys,

over the last couple days I've had some problems with my Instant Messenger of choice, Adium. Whenever I try and connect with any of my accounts I'm told that the server is not available, but I'm able to connect to MSN perfectly fine using aMSN. I'm having this issue with all of the MSN accounts I have, and my AIM account, they all present me with subtly different 'unable to connect' messages. My internet works, the services work with other messenger Apps, can anyone help me out?

Thanks. :)

2. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

they just released a new beta last night that claims "numerous bug fixes" give that a try.

it could have something to do with a firewall and a port, but i doubt it. i've never had any problems with that though.

3. thegrandmaster thread starter macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

Its all right, things have spontaneously repaired themselves after having ignored Adium for a bit.

I will check out the new beta though, thanks!

4. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hey,

I wiped my Powebook yesterday and today started to install programs again and Adium is having connection problems.

I downloaded the version on the adium front pages, I think its the new one. So I tried to connect using my hotmail account but it just says unable to connect and then displays a reconnecting countdown timer.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks