Adium Constantly Disconnects

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mkz, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Mkz macrumors regular

Mkz

Hey everyone,

I've been using Adium for a long time now and today my friend sent me a lot of offline messages while I was out then when I got home I logged on to Adium and received them and then I started to disconnect every single time I received the messages. And when I reconnected I just started receiving the same messages AGAIN so I disconnected AGAIN and so on.

I've tried changing my password incase I was being disconnected from another location but I still get disconnected. I have tried using Mac Messenger and Beejive on my iPhone and they both work fine (the problem is only when I receive the offline messages)

I can't get on the support section of Adiums website.

Generally I'm just having a bad time at the moment. Can anyone help me?!

Thanks,
    Max

2. EmielS macrumors member

delete it, and install it again.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What other devices / clients are you also using to access the accounts, and also what kind of accounts do you have active in Adium?

4. Mkz thread starter macrumors regular

Mkz

Tried that. Doesn't work.

I'm only using MSN. And I only log on using either my MacBook or rarely my iPhone.

5. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

I have found mine doing this as well - if you're logged into Facebook and have it set to connect to FB you get kicked back and forth. Pretty much the same for other clients you might have it tied to but I notice it mostly with FB. I actually had to set Firefox to clear my history & caches because it would even interfere after I closed the FB browser window.

6. Mkz thread starter macrumors regular

Mkz

After like 20 times of trying to log on I just left it 15 minutes, logged on Mac Messenger for 15 minutes then tried Adium again then I got spammed with offline messages but no discconect!

Random fix!

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan