Adium Contact List Disappeared

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by menthol moose, May 4, 2008.

1. menthol moose macrumors regular

I've been using Adium for the past month or so for IM, and as of the past couple of days, no matter what I do, I can not make the contact list visible. I've tried deactivating and reactivating it via the Window menu, I've tried changing the settings on when it's supposed to appear, and I've even tried reinstalling the application once, but nothing is working.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this, or should I just stick with iChat for now?

2. fclement91 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. No way to get it back.
    I feel that happens since the last update of Adium.

Fred

3. ollu macrumors newbie

It's happening to me too

I recently found my self in the same situation described and I'm curious of how to solve this problem. I'm running Adium 1.4.1

4. nerrianah macrumors newbie

Solution found on http://www.hafenscher.net/wiki/index.php?page=restore_missing_hidden_adium_contact_list

From time to time it appears on my installation of adium instant messenger that the contact list goes missing. It just vanishes from the screen and cannot easily be made visible again. If that is happening to you too the following might be helpful.

I do not really have a clue what makes the contact list disappear. It seems to be positioned outside the screen/desktop. In my case the "fix" was quite easy:

1. open up adium preferences

2. go to "Appearance" tab

3. check "Size to fit vertically"

This regularly causes the contact list to re-appear in the middle of the screen. Then I ususally remove the check and position the contact list on the screen edge again. I use "Automatically hide" in "Advanced" tab so that the contact list does not cover any screen space on my tiny macbook screen while I am working.