Adium custom Emoticons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ElCambo, Aug 29, 2007.

1. ElCambo macrumors regular

Hey is it possible to use custom emoticons that someone else has sent to you in adium? I dont know how if it is possible to add it so that I can send them.

2. 1020 macrumors regular

If you don't know how to make an Adium Xtra (I don't either), you can download an emoticon set. Make sure you select Download, not Install.

Unzip the file, right-click on it, select "Show package contents," and replace the existing icons with your own. Then send it to your friend.
    Does that help?

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Ok, time to do a bit of a revival with this one :p

I created a emoticon set last night, using a MSN Animated package, removing the MSN emotes, adding mine, and adjusting the code accordingly.

Now, for some reason, every time I install this emoticon pack, Adium decides to tput the PNG files in a folder called "Iron Set.AdiumEmoticonOld" and put that in the trash, as well as putting the "Emoticons.plist" file in there too,

The Emoticon package is still left in the Emoticons folder in users/application support/adium etc etc, but theres no pngs in there, and the emoticons.plist file has only the first paragraph of code left.

Which has become very frustrating, if anyone has any idea why this is happening, I sent it to my friend and he had the same problem too, I thought it was me not coding correctly, but as I copied the MSN Animated almost word for word, I fail to see why it keeps trashing the files :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind, got it sorted in the end...