Adium disconnecting after waking from sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thewhitehart, May 2, 2007.

1. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Is anyone else having problems with Adium disconnecting after waking from sleep?

I think this may have something to do with the latest security update. Adium disconnects when my intel iMac wakes up, and I have to quit it and start it again to reconnect.

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

When your computer goes to sleep it disconnects from the internet, therefore so does Adium.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It should reconnect after you wake from sleep.

4. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

5. jamerson9 macrumors newbie

I'm also having the same problem using the version 1.0.2, which it tells me is the most update version. I've search around and most of what I read says that it should connect back automatically when os x awakes, but I have never seen it do so. I always have to change the status from offline to available manually. Is there something obvious that I am missing?

6. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

As far as having to re-launch the app, that might be a problem. However, what you're actually seeing is the disconnect that ALREADY HAPPENED when you put the machine to sleep. It just didn't get the chance to show it in the UI because, well... you put it to sleep. :p

7. thewhitehart thread starter macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I almost forgot I posted this thread. Yeah, I'm using the latest version, 1.0.2. When the machine wakes, it doesn't automatically reconnect. It just sits there flapping its wings until I quit it and relaunch it. :D

Sometimes it doesn't happen. As soon as it happens again, I'll post the error message it gives me. It was stupid of me not to post it in the first place; I was lazy in my troubleshooting methods.