Adium-like app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Alan Taylor, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

Are there any apps that work like Adium? I know that the background process restrictions make this o somewhat limited appeal but something that can connect to MSN would be of interest to me.

Facebook chat too would be pretty handy!

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Beehive or Palringo.

None of them do Facebook chat and I don't know any other IM apps that do. You can install Facebook though, its great and has Facebook Chat. It's made by people who made Facebook so it works really great.

3. cycler15 macrumors member

I use Nimbuzz. I tried IM+ Lite, Fring, and Palringo and I like Nimbuzz the best because it has a very clean, simple UI.

I looked and you can log into Facebook, but I don't use Facebook so I've never tried.

4. Alan Taylor thread starter macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

5. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

Beejive is the best hands down cost but its the best!

6. LinMac macrumors 65816

I use Beejive after trying one or two of the others. I depend too much on IM services for constant communication (almost as important as email) so I don't have time for quirks or bugs. Beejive just works and it was cheap enough.

7. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

If you're going to use Facebook chat, keep in mind the [app]Facebook[/app] app is not gonna cut it. It is extremely unreliable, buggy, and slow. Just search "Facebook app" or something similar on these forums and you will find many threads on this.

8. BouncinDave macrumors member

BouncinDave

Palringo doesn't have facebook chat? I have on mine... (but I am a beta tester - it's had it for months!)

9. Alan Taylor thread starter macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

I'm gonna give Nimbuzz a try since it's free - but I already got and adore Beejive :D

I forgot Facebook had chat in the application!