Adium Logs Lost -- Filesavage recovered but not recongized

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nepaligurkha, Jun 3, 2008.

1. nepaligurkha macrumors newbie

Hey,

Ok i had to recently reinstall OSX, and i totally forgot to back up my adium chatlogs. I used filesavage to get back the files, or i hope are the files. Except filesavage retrived them and renamed to to something like 1.chatlog to 13434.chatlog. When i try to open it through adium it dose nothing at all. When i put it in the adium chatlog folder, i see the chatlog name but i don't see any of the logs in the viewer. I can't open it with text editor or word. I'm not sure if these are even the files, and if they are how would u guys recommend in be able to view them?

Thanks
    -Tabha

2. nepaligurkha thread starter macrumors newbie

alright, so i found out the chat logs are done in XML. I have no idea what XML is but i know its used for like websites and stuff. So i thought i might be able to view it through firefox it gives me an error "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
    Location: file:///Volumes/Backup/Salvage%20Tuesday,%20June%203,%202008%201/Adium%20chatlog/12.chatlog
    Line Number 37, Column 1:"

Then i downloaded DEVONthink pro, which has a script attachment to import adium logs:
    http://www.devon-technologies.com/scrip ... ess/?p=294

I got the script to work, however when it's importing the logs it keeps on saying "caching address book data" it just stays like that.

I don't know what to do. I really need these logs, Could u guys recommend somthing

Thanks
    -Tabha