Adium & MSN Messenger buggy?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Colin20, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Colin20 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I've been loving my MBP ever since I got it last week and haven't really had any problems but I do have questions about MSN & Adium. I've been using Adium and like it so far it has been a positive experience except for a few times when I conduct a file transfer, the transfer progress lags and sometimes the file is finished and the progress bar is still 1/3 of the way through and staying there. The problem I've had with MSN Messenger is just overall lagginess when using cmd + w to close chat windows - just seems like it doesn't run very smoothly.

Are these problems that others experience regularly? Adium seems to be working best so far and I don't get the file transfer issues everytime.

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

3. Colin20 thread starter macrumors regular

No, 3.2.1

4. mike41423 macrumors member

So im having a similar problem with MSN messenger. using both 7.0.2 mac msn and adium. i cannot connect, says im not connected to the internet. This error will come up no matter what network im connected to. I've even tried making my IP the DMZ address wanting to make sure it wasnt my FW.

Both Adium and MSN will not connect. Safari is 3.2.1. MSN has worked in the past. just now now. so frustrating. Ive tried everything that i know of, i am a mac newb, dns flush etc. nothing. help!

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The Safari 4 flaw is that, in MSN Messenger, whenever you enter a message and press send, you have to physically click back into the text field in order to send the next message.

6. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

I love adium and have been a user for 6 years now but when it comes to file transfers, it still has kinks. I still cant connect properly half the time to aim/ichat users. I wouldnt be surprised if MSN is giving you the same problem