Adium msn not connecting with TIGER

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacMosher, Aug 31, 2008.

1. MacMosher macrumors 6502

MacMosher

After having some issues today with my internet and having to re-configure my router I have successfully gotten my internet to work on all of the computers in my house... but msn won't work on my Macbook.

I am currently running Tiger. I have seen this been a problem on Leopard and don't think I can use the same solutions but I don't know a ton about networking just the bare minimum to set up a network nothing fancy.

If someone could please help it would be great. I really spent a good couple hours researching it and found other tiger users saying they had the same problem but none with any solution. Please don't make me go back to microcrap msn :(

Thanks in advance,

Mosher

2. MacMosher thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMosher

I have tried out Mercury messenger, and msn messenger for mac. With all my attempts it is coming up with the same issues, it will attempt to connect and just never do anything.

safari and skype work fine.. I think it might be port forwarding... which I know nothing about.

3. pythocitizen macrumors newbie

I had to go into my DSL modem NAT configuration menu. Lucky for me it was listed as a predefined service so I just selected it and enabled it as host to get MSN messenger to work. maybe it will be that easy on yours.

4. MacMosher thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMosher

Hi pythocitizen,

I don't know how to access things like that on my modem... I didn't know you really could configure the modem, I thought I just had to do it through the router. Or am I trying to do the same thing you did but through the router?

I found something on the configuration page to disable my firewall so I did that and tried it and it didn't work. As well I enabled "filter internet NAT redirection" and no luck there.

Thanks for the help, hope we find somehting soon... super annoying that all of a sudden it just didn't want to work

5. MacMosher thread starter macrumors 6502

MacMosher

Ok... so also apparently another PC downstairs can no longer receive emails. It will say receiving 1 of 5 messages and then it just sits there.

6. pythocitizen macrumors newbie

My DSL modem is actually a router so maybe your situation is different concerning port forwarding but the way to access modem configuration is to point your browser to http://launchmodem/