Adium No Sound after 10.5.6 Update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tolive, Dec 22, 2008.

1. tolive macrumors member

Just noticed that my Adium no longer play "New Message" sound when I get new emails, it worked fine until I updated to 10.5.6 two days ago.

Anybody got the same problem?

2. dadoc04 macrumors member

3. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

Yep, me too.

From my limited testing, if I quit and restart Adium, the event sounds will work for a while. It seems that if I sleep the MBP and then wake, the sounds no longer work.

I've gone into the preferences and re-set the sound package (I like the duck sounds ;) ) and that doesn't help. Only a quit and re-start will help.

All other sounds work normally during this time -- Quicktime, Flash movies, OS sounds, etc. It's just Adium that's broken.

I even tried the beta release and got the same problems.

Mike

4. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

I don't use Adium on this machine too often, but I just noticed sound was broken. Last time I used the app was prior to the 10.5.6 update, so I'm seeing the same as the OP and others.

Thanks for mentioning the beta has the same issue before I went and tried this. I checked for any bug reports / issues on the adiumx site, but haven't found anything recent. This has to be pretty wide spread?

Wayne

5. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

I think I'm getting that too..But not sure I have to check later when I open adium up...

6. n8236 macrumors 65816

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Same, it worked the other night, but now it's not, it's really strange :confused:

8. songcunzhi macrumors member

songcunzhi

Same. I usually set the sound to a very low level, only noticeable in a quiet environment. I guess that is why I just noticed the no sound problem. I can't tell when it started since I updated to snow leopard. But clearly nothing was wrong in leopard.

9. maczach16 macrumors member

maczach16

You just revived a year old thread. I'm pretty sure whatever the old problem was has been patched in an Adium update. ;)