Adium Offline Messages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spring, Nov 4, 2007.

1. spring macrumors regular

Is there a way to disable receiving messages while I'm offline? (specifically with AIM) I sign off, and when I come back people have left me messages. I want to turn this off because sometimes the people leaving me messages mistaken me for being online and just choosing to be invisible.

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

You can't receive messages in Adium when you're offline. Do you have your cell phone configured to sign into AIM or something like that? That's the only way I can think of that would make people see you as online when you're not.

3. spring thread starter macrumors regular

No, I don't have my cell or anything to receive messages. I just tried it out again using iChat under a different account and Adium as my main account. After signing off Adium, it appears that the Adium account goes offline in iChat, but if I try the chat manually it says nothing about the Adium account being offline, it just keeps sending the messages. Then when I do sign back in my Adium, I get all the messages saying "Offline messages has been sent to you at blah blah blah hours ago."

4. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

That is a feature of AIM not Adium specifically (IE, this happens in any and all IM clients). If you read that message about getting an offline message very carefully, it tells you how to disable it.

5. spring thread starter macrumors regular

^Thanks, that's the setting I was looking for, I didn't bother to read the entire message so I missed it before.