Adium : Offline Messages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Confuzzeled23, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    I am new to Adium after learning that Mac Messenger is crap. I just have a quick question. I have some mobile contacts, however if they are offline and I want to send them an offline message when I click on their name it starts sending them a mobile message. I want to send them an offline message, I was wondering how to just send them an offline message, when I right click it just shows, "send mobile message" or "initiate group convo". I want to do this because I was trying to message someone the other day and I Was talking away thinking it was an offline message and they messaged and said I was im'ing to their phone.

Anyone know how to just send an offline message? Thanks.

2. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Sorry for hijacking your thread.
    But, when we send mobile messages, do we or the receiver pay ? or is it free?

3. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Try the AdiumX forum for questions like this.

lol wat

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hmm i have no problems sending offline messages (using hotmail and adium version 1.3.4b1)

what account are you using and what version are you running??

5. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

Free for the sender, recipient would pay if they don't get free incoming texts.

To a mobile contact?

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

OH! to a mobile sender?!?! i thought that term meant to their computer when they turned it on.

in that case, no - i cant do that. our country doesnt allow for those sorts of messages to be sent. guess i should of read it more.

7. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Strange, I've sent some messages to a cell phone that hasn't "credits" (it's a pre-paid cell phone) and they received.

8. 414BrewCrew414 macrumors member

Than go to Preferences/mobile settings....and then u should be able to turn it on/off....took me a lonnnng time to figure that out lmao!