Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jorine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
How do i make Adium play it's own soundsets again? It only plays the ones i select in Growl and when i stop Growl i don't hear any sound alerts.

Middling

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2009
In Adium's "Preferences/Events/Event preset" choose "Default Notifications".

You might also need to delete Adium from Growl's list of registered applications (Adium will re-register the next time it is run). You can find the list in "System Preferences/Growl/Applications".

Jorine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
I've tried that, still nothing. :(
I completely deleted growl and adium and now just re-installed adium but i still don't hear anything.

AFitchguy07

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2009
i don't have growl but i am not able to hear any adium sounds either. I had it working fine on my 2008 macbook pro. But since i have had my 2010 macbook pro, no sounds from adium.

faceman.

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
Adium does not connect to internet

Hey i don't know whats wrong but i am not able to connect to any account using adium. I tried MSN id, gmail account. But it does not seem to connect and i cant see my contacts.
Please help. Appreciate it.
Sorry for posting it here. I am new to forums. And i simply cant find the 'new threads' link!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.