Adium Problem, help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Reel Big Austin, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Reel Big Austin macrumors newbie

Hey, I just got a new macbook pro and installed Adium, but now whenever I add a buddy this annoying error pops up.

"Could not add the buddy "enter screen name here" for an unknown reason"

Any idea how to fix this? I tried reinstalling adium but that did nothing.

Any help much appreciated!

2. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

but it adds it anyways right? cause i think its a bug, i get it every once in a while but it still adds the person to the section I wanted them anyways

3. Reel Big Austin thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish that was the case but no. It does not add the buddy. Plus this happens every time I try to add someone, not just once in a blue moon.

Anybody think they can solve this?

Thanks

4. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Be more precise please. Are you trying to add contact in Adium? And what contact?

5. Reel Big Austin thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is what I do exactly

I'm on adium, I go to Contact, then click on "add contact".

Then I enter a screen name, it can be anything, asdfsdf, my screen name Reel Big Austin or any screen name, and once I do that it says "Unable to add could not add the buddy for an unknown reason."

So for example, lets say I'm adding the buddy dooboo

This will pop up once I go to contact, then click on add contact and then click on the screen name. "Unable to add could not add the buddy dooboo for an unknown reason"

Here I made a screen shot of it here http://www.uploadbank.com/public/pview/495/Picture 1.png

That's about as descriptive as I can get unless you want me to show you exact steps.

Thanks