Adium - remov extra categories from buddy list?

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
well i've just been looking for the Adium forums... i thought they were on FunMac, but it doesn't look like that anymore. i did find some other Adium forums (not sure if they were official or not) but i wasn't registered there, so i didn't want to bother. :/

the thing i've been wondering about is my buddy list. i keep seeing extra sections, like Recent Buddies and Co-Workers. i move my buddies out of these categories, but they always seen to come back? :confused:

does anyone know if i can permantly do away with those categories?

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i dont have such problems. i have just dragged all my people into one and it has stayed like that!

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
well, i'm using Adium 0.75.1... and every time i try to move a contact out of one category i get this message:
Unable To Add

Could not add the buddy XwhoeverX for an unknown reason. The most common reason is that you have the maximum number of allowed buddies in your buddy list.
but right now i've only got about 20 in my buddy list? :confused:

i know there is another small x.x.1 update available... i'll 'upgrade' if it crashes again, but i'm hoping that 0.8 will fix alot of things.

even better - iChat in Tiger. finally i'll drop all other inferior IM applications and be able to use iChat with MSN accounts... :D

edit>>> Russed - which version of Adium are you using? maybe i should go back a few versions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.