Adium still asks me to enter all my passwords.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hummer, May 1, 2007.

1. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I have 13 AIM accounts and 1 YIM account in my Adium app and every time I restart Adium it asks me for the passwords to all of these accounts even though many of times before I've selected for Adium to save my password. Anyone knows why this is happening? It's been happening ever since I first had Adium.

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

13 AIM accounts? WOW!

Well, I've had the problem before, a thing would be to check to make sure it's being stored in your Keychain.

If that doesn't help, contact Adium's TRAC page.

Steve

3. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

LOL Hummer... you crazy kids and all the screen names! I've had one IM name for the last 10 years (but I digress...)

The only time I've ever had a problem with passwords and Adium has seemed to have been related to the specific service i.e. MSN would need a password and talk longer to sign on than YM and AIM. I trust you don't have these problems when trying to get online via AIM directly? *puzzles*

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

AIM etc. have unreasonable buddy list size limits, and sometimes you want to use different screen names for different purposes. it's really useful. plus you can link all of them so...

5. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Try fixing your keychain. If that doesn't work, restore a back up version. (I think Keychain automatically backs itself up)

6. reubs macrumors 68000

I had this problem last week when Adium lost my AIM password...I just had to re-enter it and check "save password". Make sure all of that is set up and hopefully it will square things up.