Adium, switch notifications certain contacts off! Need help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maxap, Mar 23, 2009.

1. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Guys!

I need your help..

How can I switch off the sound notifications for certain contacts in my accounts (MSN and ICQ)? I have some contacts which are known for just log in and log off constantly (bad internet connection) and I always have to listen to those annoying sounds in Adium..

What I want, is that the sounds must remain for all the contacts except of a certain number of them...

Is that possible??? I couldn't find any info on the internet and am so tired of messing up with Adium... Please, help!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Get Info on the contact :)apple:-I) and click on the third tab. It'll let you set notifications individually for that contact.

jW

3. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

Thx for your reply. I've seen this possibility... but it doesn't allow me to remove all the notifications for certain contacts. Through this tab you can change sounds etc., but not remove them....

:confused:

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Yes you can. Click on the notification that you want to remove, then click the little "-" button at the bottom of the window. That will remove that notification.

jW

5. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

No, unfortunately I can't... I can remove the custom notifications I make, but I can't remove the standard ones, "-" button is not pressable.. you can't click on it...
    :(

6. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap