Adium won't remember passwords

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XnavxeMiyyep, May 22, 2007.

1. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I've been using Adium for years without (this) issue. For some reason now, Adium refuses to remember my passwords. I checked the Keychain Access program, and all of the entries for Adium are still there, but they are all blank.

I tried deleting Adium and reinstalling it from the DMG again, but no luck. Also when I did this, it didn't ask for permission to update the Keychain like a regular update would do.

Any suggestions?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I have this problems too. I think it's just with the latest release having a bug in it. It'll probably be fixed soon, but the work-around is just not to quit Adium. sign off, but don't quit.

4. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

Yeah i'm having the same problem with my yahoo account, at first i thought i just had fat fingers, but it keeps forgetting my password too. Oddly enough, my AOL stays up just fine lol

5. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

This happened to me a few times, but then it oddly went away. Glad I'm not the only one with this issue... :cool:

6. XnavxeMiyyep thread starter macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I restarted my computer today (normally, I never restart) and when I opened Adium, it gave me the regular spiel about updating my keychain for the new version, and everything works well now.

So if anyone else is having this problem, try restarting.