adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stealthsniper96, Aug 23, 2007.

1. stealthsniper96 macrumors regular

is there a way i can implant pics in my little profile thing in adium?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. lowfat macrumors newbie

Since this is a pretty general thread. Is there a way to Adium to show their proper user names and not their email address?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

/Applications/Address Book

Create address cards for the people and then add their accounts based on services.

5. lowfat macrumors newbie

This is with MSN btw.
    Ya i figured that out. But how about their name that would show up generally in MSN, not just the name i set for them. Also I've been told when i sign in it just shows my email address for my name, and not my actual set name.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I just hover my cursor over their username in the Contact List for a second or two. Their real account name pops up. :confused:

7. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Same. I use aliases to show their real names in my contact list, then just hover if I need to see their handle.

8. lowfat macrumors newbie

The thing that really bothers me is that it worked the first day, until i restarted my computer :(

9. 1020 macrumors regular

I don't use the address book to manage contacts, but can't you just change the contact name format?

10. lowfat macrumors newbie

I've tried both User name and Alias. Alias shows the Address Book name., and User Name shows their email address.

11. 1020 macrumors regular

Have you tried unchecking "Import my contacts' names from the Address Book" in Prefs - Advanced - Address Book?

I know that if you check "Show display names as status messages" (in Prefs-Advanced-MSN), it shows their display name when you hover over a contact, but then it displays email addresses only in the contact list window.