Adjust delay after 3-finger drag on trackpad?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by theSchtickler, Aug 10, 2010.

1. theSchtickler macrumors member

theSchtickler

Hi there,

Got my new magic trackpad, its amazing! I have one thing that I would like a bit more control over...

When you do a 3 finger drag, it has a delay afterwards to help you correct your selection if you need to. This is a brilliant usability function and I use it often. But I would really like to be able to adjust how long this delay is. It's about a second at the moment, it would be awesome if it was halved.

Anyone know where you could do this in the terminal?

Its most annoying when you select some text, then try to copy it with apple-c, and it doesn't let you do it immediately.

2. theSchtickler thread starter macrumors member

theSchtickler

3. gujamin macrumors member

bump

I, too, would like to know the answer to this. I would really love the delay to be gone entirely as I'm not sure why there is one in the first place.

4. xawnia macrumors newbie

Hey! I don't think this is possible...
    But if you do a click (or tap if tap to click is enabled) just after having done your selection the system automatically ends waiting for you continuing to select. When your a bit used to it works like a charm!

Believe me you need the time gap when you move icons from on end of your desktop to the other, so it wouldn't be good to change it anyway. ;)

5. jackbrannen macrumors newbie

Me too!

I realize this is an old thread, but I just got a Magic Trackpad and this delay is the one thing about it I don't like. Interested to know if anyone can find a solution.

6. pravdomil macrumors newbie

7. jackbrannen macrumors newbie

8. pravdomil macrumors newbie

9. psymps macrumors member

psymps

Hi there,

Do you happen to know how to remove the delay when doing a single finger double tap and with the drag lock disabled?

See my thread here for more information.

10. ggokhan.aydin macrumors newbie

You are my hero man!! Have been searching for a solution to this delay since last year. Perfect job!