Adjusting Folder View Options

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aditghai, Feb 27, 2008.

1. aditghai macrumors regular

aditghai

Hi
    I just got a MBP. I wanted to know if i can set view options per folder instead of for everything.

For example can i have the folder containing my documents in cover flow mode but the folder containing my music in list mode?

Thanks
    Aditya

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi!

Yes, you can. Just set up the view options (command-J) for a folder, as you like it. In the view options set the check box for Always open in Cover Flow.

Finder in Leopard does display all folder always the same, except for those where you setup up differently (as described above).

Hope this was helpful.

/Rupert

3. aditghai thread starter macrumors regular

aditghai

Hi Rupert
    thanks for the reply. When i went to the View Options, The only thing i see it always open in icon mode. I dont see the option that says open in cover flow?

Thanks

4. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Ok, I might have been ahead of myself.

First, set it to the view you would like (i.e. Cover Flow), then bring up View Options. Now you can set it to Always show in Cover Flow.

/Rupert

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Highlight the folder you like to change settings for... change the view to coverflow button in the toolbar, then click Command+J.

In the pop-up box that appears check the box which says Always open in cover flow (the option won't be visible unless you've highlight the folder) Once your happy, close the pop-up window.

Whenever you wanna view that folder in cover-flow, just double click on it.. and it'll jump to your custom settings, opposed to the default system wide setting you have.

If you want to customise the toolbar, just Control+Click on it and select Customise Toolbar from the menu.

Hope this helps.. :)

6. capoeira4u macrumors member

Hi I have a similar question about customizing folder view. How do I customize the view just for a particular folder and all the sub-folders inside without affecting other folders outside.

eg. I want my Picture folder and all sub-folders to have cover flow view. To do so I press the "Use as Default" button at the bottom of view options. But this will also affect all my other system folders as well. Is there an Automator script I have to use or an easier way of doing this?