Adjusting green screen size

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by samf450, Aug 18, 2015.

1. samf450 macrumors newbie

is there a way to adjust the size of a green screen image? What I would like to do is have the same ability as with doing a picture in picture, where you can adjust the size of the picture within the picture, only with a green screen image. For example, you have a green screen video clip of a butterfly that you want to place in a clip of your backyard. When you do this, the butterfly looks like a 747. Can the butterfly clip be made smaller. I am only using iMovie but have not seen this feature mentioned in descriptions of FCP of AE, etc.

2. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

You just have to place the butterfly video on top of the background video, usually by clicking on the butterfly video you can resize, look at the corners. I mean, every software does that, it is just basic editing. Do a search in Youtube for a tutorial.

3. samf450 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. samf450 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, in iMovie you can not resize a green screen image in this way. Clicking in the corners is to adjust the mask only. You are thinking of picture in picture which is adjustable by dragging corners.

5. ProjectManager101 Suspended

ProjectManager101

Look for a tutorial in youtube. I do not use iMovie, but with Premiere, Final Cut 7, Final cut X is easy to do.