Adjusting internal speaker bass gain?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by yousifabdullah, Feb 21, 2014.

1. yousifabdullah macrumors regular

Hi,

I recently bought my mother an iMac 21.5" (Late 2013) base model and she's really happy with it. The only complaint she has is the loud bass from the internal speakers. I took the iMac for a listen and to me the speakers sounded fine, so it's definitely normal. However, the bass gain is high enough to make listening to audio on the iMac difficult to my mother.

Is there a system-wide equalizer or tweak that allows adjusting of the bass gain? If not, I might have to buy a pair of cheap PC speakers, which usually have a "tone" knob that cuts off from the lower to higher frequencies. (Which is exactly what I'm looking for, but in software.)

Thanks!

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

3. yousifabdullah thread starter macrumors regular

Perfect, thanks! Downloaded the trial and in initial testing it delivered its purpose. Definitely buying the full version!

4. accountforit macrumors 6502a

She must have super sensitive ears because I highly doubt the iMac is outputting anything below 80hz at best. Even then, there isn't enough cone area to generate dynamic output.

I thought I had heard it all.

5. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

Everyone has a different preference. For instance my father cannot stand anything around the 200-400hz range. He's always saying things are "muddy".

6. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Midrange being described as being "muddy" is a deficiency in the 200-800hz range. So it's not that he can stand it. It's exactly the opposite.