Adjusting the Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RobbieS, May 29, 2008.

1. RobbieS macrumors member

I understand that the screen resolution on the macbook stops at 1280x800, and that it is controlled by the hardware. But are there any programs out there that make the screen resolution appear higher, like the macbook pro? I use photoshop, and would like a little more screen room.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It'd not really be worth it. There are only that many individual pixels on the screen, so any other virtual pixels would be in the "gaps"

3. RobbieS thread starter macrumors member

okay I'll just leave it then, because its not that big of deal. But another related question that I wasnt sure warranted a new thread...

Under "display settings" in settings menu "color lcd" is selected. Is there a different setting like "colormatch RGB" (just one of them listed) that will make it so that the colors I see on screen will be the colors that actually print when using photoshop? (the colors are always slightly off when printed) Or is this just a result of the "high-gloss screen".

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It'll only be the same if you calibrate both screen (actual screens vary from the averaged profile for that model) and the printer&paper combination. They only way to this accurately is with additional hardware.