adjusting window view

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kenglade07, Dec 18, 2013.

1. kenglade07 macrumors member

I probably should know the answer to this but its driving me crazy. I'm using word for mac 2011 running on an iMac intel with newly installed Mavericks. When I open Word, the document frame appears in the center of the window and the ruler is directly above it. The problem arises when i try to move the document to a second monitor using Moom. The whole window moves, not just the document. How do I adjust the document placement in the window?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

By "window" do you mean the background too? That is, the Desktop?

Never used Moom or had two monitors connected. But if you clarify that, maybe that will help someone with direct knowledge with a response.

3. kenglade07 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, Gregg, I've figured it out, As usual, the solution was simple; I was just trying to make it more complicated than it was.

Ken

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, that won't be much comfort to someone else searching for a solution to the same dilemma who finds this thread title and thinks, "Jackpot!" It's always good to tell the community what your solution was. That's part of what makes the site useful for others.

5. kenglade07 thread starter macrumors member

You're right.

Here's what happened. I installed Moom to facilitate movement between my two monitors. When I opened a Word document and moved it to Monitor 2, it replicated the whole window, i.e., there was no room for me to move another document to Monitor 2. Then i realized i could determine the size of the displays on Monitor 2, by clicking the green button in the toolbar. By reducing the number of columns and lines that were displayed, I could make as much room as I wanted for other documents. This meant I could move between them for copy/paste or just to view earlier versions of the document.

Thanks for pointing out my lack of consideration. Once I realized this, I figured I was the only one dumb enough not to immediately recognize the solution. Embarrassing.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Ah, but many computer problems are just that easy to solve. We all run into cranial roadblocks from time to time. Once you see the light, it seems so simple, but no need to be embarrassed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.