Admin Apple ID?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Red Fuji, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Red Fuji macrumors member

Red Fuji

I would like to set up individual Apple id and password for my two kids (one teen and other pre-teen) but I want some monitoring/control over their apple id activity (dowloads/purchases, etc). Does apple offer an 'admin' Apple id ? Analogous to computer/desktop admin login?

2. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Administer Apple ID. Not directly that I know of. If you know the user name and password for the account you will have some control. The account is tied to a bank account, credit card or PayPal. Kids usually don't have these. You can set up allowances however. Unfortunately you need to be 13yo to have an Apple ID. Might help to read Apple's Terms and Conditions
    Might not be exactly what you are looking for but ...

3. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

If you have acsess to the email account you use, you will get a receipt for each purchase they make. As long as you don't link it to a credit or debit card, you should be able to monitor their purchases without any risk factor.
    Alternativly just use one family apple I/d. Then you have complete control. This is what I do with my wife and 11 year old daughter. Also you don't have to pay for the same apps multiple times if you all want them.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

1. Bookmark the Apple site My Apple ID.

2. Go to your local grocery store and get prepaid credit cards or iTune gift cards for their accounts. This way you can limit their online purchases.

3. Monitor your children's online habits/time. Plus no smart phones until they are teenagers.

Following these simple rules should keep things in check.

5. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

What you're requesting isn't possible aside from the answers that have already been given, but does sound like a pretty reasonable request. Let Apple know!

You can submit feedback for their various products using Apple Feedback

For this particular request I would file under iTunes, as a feature for the iTunes account since that ties in the most with Apple IDs. iTunes Feedback