Admin Login ? i think

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by trivers7, Nov 22, 2010.

1. trivers7 macrumors newbie

Well here is the problem, I am not the admin of the computer, but the admin gave me admin rights for a temporary time being, so when I went to login to my user it asked the question if i wanted to make some change or whatever, well appaerantly I clicked the wrong choice and i had the "Remember this choice" box clicked. So is there anyway to go back to change this?

I have tried restarting and completely shutting down the comp, and taking admin rights off and putting them back on.

Please help, and if this is the wrong place for this thread please redirect me.

2. molala macrumors 6502a

Hiya, I want to help but I don't understand what choice it is you want to undo. Is it one of the Systems Preferences? If you are still able to change your account from admin to non-admin and back, then I don't see why you can't change whatever setting it is you set in error. Please provide more info.

3. trivers7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i can't say what the choice was, I do not remember. But it something like keep the changes for change to admin and such. I just know that the only place i can find the question asking that is when you log in, but since i clicked remember this choice It doesn't pop up anymore

4. molala macrumors 6502a

Go to System Preferences.
    Go to Accounts.
    On bottom left (padlock), you can click to make changes. If you have an admin account, it will accept your password.
    You can change the 'Login Options' of every user (also bottom left just above padlock).

Hope that sorts it out.