Admin Login Issues and Limitations

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by leftyhero2, Jun 20, 2011.

1. leftyhero2 macrumors newbie

Hi, I've been having some problems with my Macbook lately. I was acquired a Macbook for the school year and during the summer, and they image them so they are very limited. And what I would love to do, is to access the admin account to at least have way less limitations. At least just for the summer, because they're going to reimage them when we return in the fall. So is there anyway to disable the way it won't let me access my Mac OS X Install Disc by holding C? I tried holding Command S too for the non-disc method, but it has something enabled to not let me do it. Or is there any way to set the master password without admin info? I have a Mac OS X Install disc, I just can't do anything without the admin password. Very disappointing. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you very much! :)

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

They have a firmware password on it, so you're out of luck. Chances are you would be violating some agreement anyhow and would face some sort of consequence for it.

3. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Alter the amount of RAM in the machine. Easiest thing to do is remove one of the RAM sticks. Then reset the PRAM three times (wait for 3 chimes). Put the RAM stick back in and you'll be set.

You do this entirely at your own risk, I have no knowledge of your level of computer competence or what user agreements you may break by doing this.