Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
Logged in as administrator, I can't access a standard user account to change a forgotten password. The avatar of the user account in question has a check mark. Does the check indicate the account has admin privileges? WHy can't I get in?

Thanks for any insights.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Logged in as administrator, I can't access a standard user account to change a forgotten password. The avatar of the user account in question has a check mark. Does the check indicate the account has admin privileges? WHy can't I get in?

Thanks for any insights.
The user account has a checkmark where? Are you sure the account you're on has admin privs? This may not make a difference for changing the password, but is the lock in the lower left locked or unlocked? It may need to be unlocked.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 12.14.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 12.14.59 PM.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 408

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
The user account has a checkmark where? Are you sure the account you're on has admin privs? This may not make a difference for changing the password, but is the lock in the lower left locked or unlocked? It may need to be unlocked.

Thanks. My bad. It was a logged on checkmark. I guess also why I couldn't get into the account as administrator. Duh. No excuse for dumb, but I seldom visit the accounts preferences and am the only user I ever deal with on my own Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.