Admitting that I dont like my MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macfreakk, Feb 18, 2015.

1. macfreakk macrumors newbie

I have an iMac, iPad, iPhone and Macbook Air. I love each and every one of them except the MBA. Its strange because theres nothing wrong with it. I still dont completely understand why I dont like it...I think its mainly the design. I dont really like the curved design. And the screen..yeah, the screen is why I dont like it. Let me explain: I have a nice colourful screen on my iPhone6, on my iPad Air2 and on my iMac. And I think big part of that is the bezel, all my Apple devices have a black nice glass bezel, The macbook air doesn't

When I bought it 1.5 years ago, I was happy with it, but I always kind of, deep down not completely liked. I bought it right after they announced it had a 13h battery, and I thought it was perfect for me, I did not need a pro since my iMac is my primary computing device, its slim..on paper the Macbook Air is perfect for me..but right after they announced the new Pros with the 9h battery i started doubting my decision...If I payed 200$ more, Id have a computer that had a much nicer screen and that I actually thought looked good.

None the less, I know it really stupid..I dont need a better screen, the Air is good enough for me. Im currently selling it, and planning on waiting for the Retina MBA (this summer hopefully)

Thanks for readings. Again, I know its stupid, and I tried to convince my self that I like my MBA, but its just not gonna work out...You may now tell me everything im doing wrong with my life lol

2. cbautis2 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you like retina but not the bezel, heft and less portability of the pro. rMBA will surely please you since it addresses your gripes except for the curved edges.

3. SusanK macrumors 68000

macfreakk, nothing wrong with your life. The MBA just doesn't suit you. Our Macs are more personal than a pc IMHO. We want to love them.

I love my MBA so much that I bought a duplicate in case anything happened to the original. I didn't want to be without for the amount of time it would take to go to Apple and get another one.

Now that is all kinds of abnormal but I'm comfortable with it. It works for me.

4. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

I mean... I can understand that when you buy the newest and greatest, and then it becomes outdated the next week/month(s), you kind of feel less satisfied with what you have. That's human nature. It has to do with your mind set.

I have the latest and greatest Air right now, but already there is talks of a rMBA. I didn't really care about that much since most of what I've heard is negative. But then I read about the touchpad acting as touchID... and then I felt a pane of dissatisfaction and desire.

But then, you have to think about it this way. Am I satisfied with what I have, irregardless of what else there is? Is this going to be what I need for the next 4-5 years?

Of course, you need to be satisfied with what you have. Don't try and get the newest thing because you'll waste money and you won't ever be satisfied. There will always be something better and newer.

5. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

one day, after society has collapsed, you are going to be sitting by your make-shift kerosene fire eating a roasted rat and you're going to think back to posting this thread...and feel silly
    ;):p

6. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

ROTFLMAO. Like an original scene from a new Mad Max movie. :D

7. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

See you again next year when decide that your new retina MBA isn't perfect either. :D