AdMob Study: iPhone "still clearly in the minority on the web"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skwoytek, May 13, 2008.

1. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

What?

Electronista has posted an article based on a study from AdMob. Their article, Study reveals iPhone still minority on web, claims that "the iPhone is still clearly in the minority on the web."

Call me skeptical...

AdMob, huh? Let's dig.

About AdMob: "AdMob is the world's largest mobile advertising marketplace. Founded in 2006, AdMob allows advertisers to reach their customers on the mobile Web and publishers to increase the value of their mobile sites."

Now I may be confused, but I don't view the mobile Web or mobile sites with my iPhone. I view regular websites which use GoogleAds, LinkShare and other traditional web advertising. In other words, the advertising I trigger would never pass through AdMob.

Conclusion: AdMob is looking for a little publicity, maybe advertising their ad service. Not sure I'd do business with a company incapable of correctly researching their market.

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

You might want to alter your thread's title to minimise confusion here then and be less misleading. ;)

3. pr5owner macrumors 65816

do americans always forget about the rest of the ENTIRE WORLD?

4. zmit macrumors regular

9 times out of 10. yes they do.

just look at hollywoods "world disaster" movies.....

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The survey was global but also had number breakouts for the US. I think the OP is correct, though, in stating that the survey's methodology of monitoring mobile ad hits may not accurately represent the use of phones built to render "full HTML" web pages.

P.S. I'll go ahead and make a change to the title on the OP's behalf -- that's a good point.

6. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Huh? You mean there's other places?!?!?