Adobe Acrobat on my iPad? (was: Stupid Question)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Eldiablojoe, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I know, I know, this is probably a pretty stupid question.

I know Apple is not compatible with Adobe Flash. However, can I run Adobe Acrobat on my iPad so I can receive, open, FILL OUT forms, and then save and or email them?

Is anyone using their iPad in an enterprise environment with these functions enabled?

2. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

You wont be able to run Adobe Acrobat but there are PDF apps that let you do exactly what you're looking to do. I dont know the exact names of them but search around the App Store and you'll find them.

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    The stupidest thing about this post is the subject. Please use a descriptive subject so appropriate people who know about the subject can help you.

For example, "Adobe Acrobat on the iPad?" or something similar.

As said above you can probably find apps to do this. Natively something like this wouldn't be supported. You can't even edit a word document and save it without an app...

4. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

As someone probably said once "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people" :D

PDF Expert is a great app and handles PDF forms. Apparently it also allows you to submit the data although I haven't used it for this purpose. Annoyingly it doesn't handle "signature" fields (although nor does any app yet AFAIK - please correct me if you know any better!)

5. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

I just googled one called Sign-N-Send which lets you sign a PDF and email it. Just input "PDF' into the App Store and see what you come up with.

6. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

By signature fields, do you mean inserting a hand written signatures? If so, PDF Expert also does that. And the form complete function is very good- I use it all the time.

7. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

@MadMacManiac thanks for your input. It was very helpful. I apologize if my personality and the way I speak and phrase things wasn't quite in line with yours. I appreciate you sharing your superior insight and correcting my blatantly incorrect subject thread labeling. PS-- I'm sure you're a nice guy, and a bright one, but your post and your correction of my subject line makes you come off as a sort of do*chebag. Just saying.

@ZilogZ80, franmatt80, and GraphicsGeek, thank you very much. My co-worker, for whom I posted this search for information, will be much appreciative. I'll advise him to check out PDFExpert.

Thanks again.

Slainte!

8. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    uhhh... where did I insult your personality, or the way you speak/phrase things... ?

I only suggested that you rephrase your subject, because it is known proper forum etiquette to actually have a descriptive title. In fact I know I read something, somewhere on this site about forum rules/etiquette being to avoid vague titles and to always form your subject with specific regard to your thread. I don't know where that was though...

But one thing that I CAN find which is actually a bannable offense under the forum rules is 8. Profanity. The profanity filter is there for a reason. Do not circumvent it by using the language we intend to exclude or disguising those words. If a word is replaced by asterisks when you Preview or Submit a post, you know it's on the list.
    Just saying. ;)