Adobe Acrobat Professional Form Entry

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emeraldthree, Jul 23, 2008.

1. emeraldthree macrumors newbie

I am trying to fill in a form using Acrobat Professional, but it won't permit me to click into the fields. I am using Acrobat Proffessional, not Reader.

This has been the case with multiple forms I have tried in Professional. Does the form itself have to be formatted properly in order for the fields to be "clickable?"

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yes. It sounds like you have a plain PDF file and not one with fillable fields. When I find myself in your situation, I use the form's creation tools of Acrobat Professional to create fillable fields.

3. emeraldthree thread starter macrumors newbie

I am unable to find an option in "form creation" in order to create fields.

I went to the drop down menu under "advanced" to "forms" where it provided another drop down menu with these options:

Edit fillable form (greyed out)
    Initiate Date File Collection Workflow (greyed out)
    Create Spreadsheet from Data Files
    Import Data From Form (greyed out)
    Export Data to Form (greyed out)
    Fields (Greyed out) with another drop down menu "create multiple copies" "duplicate" and "set tab order."
    Page Templets
    Set Field Calculation Order (greyed out)
    Always hide Document message bar

The "edit fillable form" option is greyed out (I know now thanks to you because the form wasn't created as a fillable form). The "fields" option is also greyed out. Am I not looking in the right part of the menu bar?

4. emeraldthree thread starter macrumors newbie

5. emeraldthree thread starter macrumors newbie

6. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

I'm guessing you don't have Pro 8 or Pro 9 (which have automated form functionality).

If this is the case, the easiest thing to do is just add text boxes to "fill in" the form. Otherwise, you'll have to go through once to add all the fields you need, then go through it again to add all the info.

7. mkeever3 macrumors newbie

Adding logo/image using a form in Acrobat Pro 9

Anyone know if it possible to add a logo/image to a PDF using a form in Acrobat Pro 9?

MK