Adobe After Effects Tutoring

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Illmetaphor, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Illmetaphor macrumors member

Unfortunately...they did not teach this program at my university. I am looking to take an intensive class on Adobe After Effects.

I have looked at Genius DV...and they are little pricey...and I haven't heard much about them. Anyone have any info on them?

Any other recommendations? I really want to learn this program in depth because it will open up a lot of job opportunities.

I have thought about private tutoring, but where I am located After Effects is not too big. Limited talent here in the Burgh.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

www.lynda.com

YouTube also has some tutorials, but most of all, the manual should be a good start.

3. Green2Delta macrumors member

Check out videocopilot.net. I spend a lot of time on that site as I have no idea how to use After Effects, but I've just been following the tutorials trying to figure it out. There are just over a hundred free tutorials there and they are always adding more.

4. arri macrumors newbie

DVD Video Lessons

classes are over $1000. Total Training has 4 good DVD video lessons training on AE7 that are very good into advanced options. Lynda.com has cs4 essentials that will teach you the basics, and cs4 going beyond the basics which will teach advanced options. they teach you everything and more than class one in real classroom options, at you leisure. you work along with exercise files, and can be very rewarding, even fun. less cost too. pretty much like a real class really.

5. pigbat macrumors regular

I'll second this advice. Video copilot is how I learned.

6. lesreaper2009 macrumors member

Places for Info

I just finished a $2500 master training at Future Media Concepts and had a great teacher, Philip, go through everything with me. We used the book, Creating Motion Graphics, written by some of the most knowledgeable people on After Effects. It was the only plce I've ever taken a class that it was worth every penny.

It was directly due to this training I was able to create this promotional video for my movie for a $50k contest: http://bit.ly/9D7CwW I wrote about the 5 steps I used to create the green screen video in less then 25 hours from start to finish, including 16 hours of shooting (we had disabled kids, so it was tough to get the right shots).

Video Co-Pilot is awesome and definitely a place to sharpen your chops.

Lynda.com has some training as well if you want to learn the basics.

7. pigbat macrumors regular

Looks great