Adobe After Effects

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zioxide, Jun 1, 2007.

1. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Ok, so my this past winter my uncle (he owns a production company) gave me a ******** of old mac software. I was just looking through it and there's a copy of AE 5.5. I'm trying to figure out of that means that I can upgrade it to AE CS3. Adobe's website is confusing though. Parts of the site says you can buy AE7 and then get free AE CS3, but i'm not sure if this is for upgrades too? What's my best option here?

2. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

The adobe store says you can upgrade from "Adobe After Effects Standard or Professional 5.x, 6.x, or 7.x". You need to buy the $299 upgrade edition. They just don't want to sell AE7 at full price with the new version announced, so they are offering it for sale with a free upgrade. You *might* be able to buy an upgrade to AE7 from adobe and get a free upgrade to CS3 as well.

3. zioxide thread starter macrumors 603

zioxide

Yeah, I was just clicking around more and I could upgrade now to AE7 and get CS3 free when it comes out, but since I have 5.5 Standard and not Pro, it would be $499. Just preordering an upgrade to CS3 is $299, so that's what I'll probably do.

I'm so happy I found this though, because I'm still going to save 50 bucks over education and it will be a full retail version. :)

Too bad he didn't give me photoshop too :(