Adobe analytics: Interest in Apple Watch 'way higher' than expected

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rogifan, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Hmm...interesting.

http://fortune.com/2015/03/08/adobe-analytics-interest-in-apple-watch-way-higher-than-expected/

[​IMG]

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Adobe has an analytics division? Wow, I had not realized.

3. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

If they get the pricing right these things are going to fly off the shelves.

I've been an Apple Fanboy for 27 years and I've never been more excited by a product launch or more certain that I'm going to buy one.

I predict this is going to be a massive success.

(Look at the record-breaking success of the new Pebble. The Apple Watch is a thousand times more desirable.)

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I am surprised at the poll results. I can see members here aching to get one. We are after all folks who love apple technology. There does seem to be high interest though outside of the hallowed halls of MacRumors.

5. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Wow, last survey in December said that only 10% or less of iPhone owners would buy one.

6. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Yeah but Apple have given us time to whip ourselves up into a frenzy. Plus we all bought iPhone 6s in September -- we've had time to pay off our credit cards since then so we're all ready to buy. The timing is perfect.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Isn't that basically what those pesky Flash cookies are all about?

8. kmj2318, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015

kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

These results are hard to believe. Isn't that a higher percentage than Apple's market share in the smartphone business?

Edit: oh I reread this a little more carefully. It's 67% of the 27% that have an interest in a smart watch. I can see that. About 18% of smart phone users at best, because likely and very likely don't mean absolutely. So not too far off from the 10% from before.

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The way Rogifan has presented it is a bit misleading because it only includes the single chart.

What it means is, of the 27% of smart phone owners who say they may buy a smart watch, 67% of them say they may buy an Apple Watch.

10. BMcCoy macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

Yup, one of those lovely misleading headlines, with graph to match.

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It gets bigger headlines than simply saying "18% of smart phone owners might buy an Apple Watch".

12. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

It still shows it's a HUGE market.

13. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

That was PED's headline. I didn't change it.

14. BMcCoy macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

Yes, that's what I was referring to. (Not this thread title)

15. LuvWalledGarden macrumors newbie

67% of (27% of 1000) = 18%, right?

18% > 10%. All looking good. And that is an American-centric poll before the event announcement festivities and less-China/Europe?

16. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    You also wonder how many of those smartphone people knew the Apple Watch only worked with an iPhone.

Report summaries like this don't contain enough info.

17. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Had they dropped the first question, "....buy a wearable device...", and just went to the next question, ?...buy an Apple Watch", they would have got a higher percentage.

How many people said, no, because the term wearable device causes them to hesitate, not know what that was.

I mean really, just say watch.

And 1,000 people is a tiny sample anyway.

18. LuvWalledGarden macrumors newbie

The Watch Will Be a Hit, 71% - http://www.thestreet.com/story/13071551/2/the-apple-watch-will-be-a-hit-71-of-those-surveyed-want-the-gadget.html

Must Have for 12% Brits -http://www.cbronline.com/news/tech/hardware/desktops/apple-watch-must-have-for-12-of-brits-4527585

http://www.itproportal.com/2015/03/09/millions-brits-already-planning-apple-watch-purchase/

19. KPOM macrumors G5

Let's see what it looks like if it turns out Gruber was right about the pricing. :D

----------

1000 people is a decent size. AppleInsider estimates the "real" number is closer to 10% once you factor in the split between "likely" and "very likely" and other factors (they count only the "very likely").

20. LuvWalledGarden macrumors newbie

Do you know that the Apple Watch will only work with an iPhone? If they asked that to the people being surveyed and they really love AW. "Hmmm. It is time to get an iPhone as well." More switchers to iPhone and the more reason, iPhone will be a bigger hit than it already is.

More useless and unscientific poll since we are at it, but better than what the naysayers say, no one will buy it! :D

26% at WKRG http://www.wkrg.com/story/28293253/poll-will-you-buy-an-apple-watch