Adobe and Magic Mouse = SUCK

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PPopMatt, Dec 19, 2016.

1. PPopMatt macrumors newbie

PPopMatt

I am so utterly annoyed and frustrated at the Magic Mouse in Adobe Lightroom and now Photoshop.

You hold the mouse to use it ... and EVERYTHING jumps, zooms, or slams thru pictures in Grid view.

I am just trying to use the damn product.

BTW, I noticed yesterday that using the track pad on the laptop doesn't do THIS. So I guess it's the friction Magic Mouse sensitivity... on 2 Macs

FU Adobe!
    FU Apple!

Major steps backward, instead of forward...

2. MechaSpanky macrumors 6502

MechaSpanky

PPopMatt,

In my opinion, the Magic Mouse is great for causal users. People who surf the internet, read email, etc. For people who actual use their computer for work, the magic mouse does indeed leaving one thinking "Whose terrible idea was this?". I recommend to get another mouse and just forget about it, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches! If you must have an Apple mouse, you can always get a Mighty Mouse. I got a wired one and it works great. There are other companies to try as well (like Logictech, even dare I say...Microsoft, and others).

3. Cheese&Apple macrumors 68000

Cheese&Apple

Whoa cowboy...all may not be lost.

Lightroom>Preferences>Interface>uncheck "Swipe between images using mouse/trackpad"

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The wife and I each have zero editing our images in Lr or plugins using Magic Mouse with "swipe" turned on. Is the mouses's optical eye dirty or the surface it on top of not got a distinctive pattern so the mouse knows where it is?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why not just get a mouse that works the way you want it too?

I don't think this is Adobe's fault but rather how Apple has wrote the drivers.

6. PPopMatt thread starter macrumors newbie

PPopMatt

Thank you!
    It's really these "hidden" preference that annoy (me) so much. It's like how can I rate songs with 4 stars in iTunes??? Need to effin look it up, or ask for help on a blog or whatever they are called nowadays. So much for a 4 year old intuitively using a mac anymore. $^R%&