Adobe Announces Creative Cloud Updates for Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and Launches Premiere Rush

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 15, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

At its annual Adobe Max Creativity Conference, Adobe today announced a range of updates that are being introduced to its Creative Cloud software.

Creative Cloud apps that include Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, Premiere Pro CC, and Adobe XD are receiving new features, and Adobe is introducing Adobe Premiere Rush CC, the company's new all-in-one cross-device video editing app that's simple to learn and use.

[​IMG]

Some of the new features include the following:

[*]Photoshop CC - New Content-Aware Fill workspace powered by Adobe Sensei, expanded undo and auto-resizing options, a new Frame Tool for creating image placeholders, Symmetry Painting for creating artwork with mirrored brushstrokes, and a new Home screen with tutorials.
    [*]Lightroom CC - People View for better organization, search improvements, a Share tab, Apple Photos migrator for importing an Apple Photos library to Lightroom, and several other improvements.
    [*]Illustrator CC - Support for photorealistic Freeform gradients, global edits, Adobe fonts integration, and a customizable toolbar.
    [*]InDesign CC - Content-Aware Fit feature and contextually-aware Properties Panel.
    [*]Dimension CC - New rendering engine with improved performance, and better workflow integration with Photoshop and Illustrator.
    [*]Adobe XD - New features for creating experiences on voice-powered devices like Amazon Echo.

Premiere Rush, Adobe's new app designed for those who may not be as experienced with video work, is designed to provide an all-in-one experience with tools for capturing video, editing video, and adding color, audio, and motion graphics.

[​IMG]

Premiere Rush, available on multiple platforms including iPad, iPhone, and desktop, includes tools for publishing straight to various social networks like YouTube and Instagram, along with built-in access to Motion Graphics templates in Adobe Stock and a one-click auto-duck feature for adjusting music and normalizing sound.

Along with new features for its Creative Cloud apps, Adobe is updating its Adobe Stock app with new search features powered by Adobe Sensei, Adobe's artificial intelligence engine, along with GoPro clips. Adobe Stock is Adobe's content marketplace for photos, videos, images, templates, and more.

Improvements announced in September for Premiere Pro, After Effects, Character Animator, and Audition are also launching today.

Overall, Adobe says that its 2019 Creative Cloud release is designed to provide significant performance and usability improvements, better cross-platform app integration, more intuitive collaboration features and faster access to file assets.

[​IMG]
    Photoshop's new Content-Aware Fill tool​

Full details on all of the new updates and features announced at Adobe Max can be found on Adobe's website.

Adobe's new Creative cloud updates are available to all Creative Cloud subscribers, with plan options outlined on Adobe's pricing website. Premiere Rush CC, Adobe's new software, is available starting at $9.99 per month for individuals. Premiere Rush CC is also included in the All Apps, Student and Premiere Pro CC single app plans and comes with 100GB of CC storage.

Article Link: Adobe Announces Creative Cloud Updates for Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and Launches Premiere Rush

2. Appleaker macrumors 68020

Premiere Rush is exciting, I wonder if Apple will showcase the first true iMovie competitor at the October event.

3. Gorms macrumors 6502

Gorms

I do hope that one of the significant performance and usability improvements involves Photoshop releasing closed documents from memory so that my Mac doesn't end up choking on the amount of RAM in use by PS for some docs that aren't even open anymore, forcing me to shutdown Photoshop to release said memory. Although, saying that, it happens considerably less recently as I'm moving over to Sketch as my primary tool.

4. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68030

ThunderSkunk

I’ve seen this as well, and now that you mention it, Apples own Final Cut Pro is even worse. The point at which the program rafts up over 100GB of memory to edit a couple <100MB files, doesn’t give it back, and the system hangs and crashes, I have a system less capable of doing the work than what I had 20 years ago. It makes no sense to buy the most powerful hardware, because it’s all just going to get swamped anyway.

5. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

That would be cool but I'm looking more forward to the supposed Photoshop on iPad Pro. They need to up their game. Affinity photo is eating Adobe's lunch on iPad and there is a chunk of market there. Imagine Photoshop with Apple pencil on a 13" iPad Pro. Game changing.

6. Mr. Dee macrumors 68000

Mr. Dee

Happy with my Photoshop CS6 and yes, I like owning my apps.

7. jvaska macrumors 6502

I'm about a month away from ending my CC subscription - this isn't going to stop me. Sketch, Affinity...have enough of what I need now.

8. Scottsoapbox macrumors 6502a

Scottsoapbox

Does that import include iOS Apple photos? Because moving from the iPhone to LR has always been an nightmare.

9. jakebrosy macrumors member

The best email I think I've received in several years was the confirmation from Adobe that my CC subscription ended. I printed it and hung it beside my desk.

10. omihek macrumors 6502

omihek

Too bad all the new stuff is only for subscribers. Would love to upgrade from CS6 for a one-time fee.

11. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

What ever happened to bringing Lightroom CC to the new Mac App store? Announced in June, and then nothing.

12. macaddiict macrumors regular

Is it just me, or would they have had to include a LOT MORE meaningful features in each app before any of us would have put down a dollar to buy an upgrade in the past. Now that they have monthly income, the features seem to have slowed to a crawl. And a lot of the features being added seem to be more for prosumers than professionals. I guess that is the way of all software now, but I don't love it.

If you are going to charge me a monthly fee, let me use it in the browser using Adobe's computing power. Photoshop on iPad sounds good - Photoshop on Chromebook or any connected web browser sounds better!

13. lifeisepic macrumors 6502

lifeisepic

14. tubular macrumors 6502

tubular

Sorry, Adobe, I just simply don’t rent software.

15. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

i wish Apple keep up Aperture though :(
    Still, upgraded my CS6 last month to affinity and not looking back!

16. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I thought they announced they were putting apps on the Mac App Store? Was that a lie?

17. Moonlight macrumors 6502a

Moonlight

So much complaining...
    If you run a company that uses this software, it is great, no complaints.

18. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

I loved Aperture but having migrated to Lightroom, it’s now clear to me that Apple was so far behind that they could never possibly catch up unless they built up a team the size of a dedicated pro photography company within Apple.

I like the route that Apple is on now. They rebuilt Photos from the ground up with a framework for allowing 3rd party apps to natively lend their resources to Photos. While I can’t imagine Photos being an app for professionals, it’s getting to the point that it’ll meet the demands of 99.9% of consumers and prosumers.

I’ll continue using Lightroom. Cloud editing is seriously fantastic for a professional. Shoot, wirelessly upload from my camera to my phone on location, do some culling on my iPhone X, edit and share a few photos from the field, then get to my iPad Pro back in my studio where the photos are waiting for me, edit them there, then go to my Mac to finalize everything and upload them to my site, ready for the client to download. It works seamlessly and incredibly well, with each device used according to its strengths.

I can imagine Affinity trying to make a run at Lightroom, not Apple. On the other hand, if Apple were to acquire Affinity...

19. CBlakeston macrumors 6502

All the articles I can find about Lightroom CC and Photoshop updates say 'released today' but there's nothing in my creative cloud update tab to update too?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2018 ---
    Found it. I had to click the button that said 'check for application updates'. Isn't technology a wonder :)

20. uneeko1ne macrumors member

uneeko1ne

Hows Photoshop 19 running on Mojave? I'm thinking about updating later today...

21. deadoctopi macrumors member

deadoctopi

Yeah and it better be as good as Clip a studio’s port of their own software, but I HIGHLY doubt we get a 1:1 Photoshop (no way it’ll be fully featured). Agree too about affinity showing Adobe how it’s done.

it will take a LOT to pry me away from Procreate/Affinity’s suite for illustration work.

22. photograft macrumors newbie

When they announced the discontinuation 4 years ago I was secretly hoping Apple would acquire Adobe and make it their pro-apps department. Combine the best of premier and final cut, after effects and motion... and more importantly introduce the buy once and upgrade forever model that Apple software has.

23. azpekt macrumors regular

i almost feel ashamed by the fact that i so enjoy editing my photos on ipad pro 13 in lightroom...

24. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

Most of my personal work is done using filters/effect combos. Until they add this photoshop is pretty much useless on an iPad. I want to be able to render clouds, fibers, etc.