Adobe Bridge CS4 and full screen preview not working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by clee21, Oct 21, 2009.

1. clee21 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem and has a solution. So I opened Bridge CS4 (Snow Leopard is my OS) and selected a photo. Clicking on View - Full screen Preview on the menu bar doesn't show the picture full screen, and pushing space bar to view a full screen preview doesn't work either. What happens is that when I push space bar to get a full screen preview, the entire menu bar at the top of the screen and the dock disappears. So I'll click the desktop, and they reappear, but once I click Adobe Bridge, they disappear again. So I have to alt-q to quit adobe bridge to see the main application menu bar.

It was working before. At first, I thought it may have to do with upgrading to snow leopard, but when I did a google search for this problem, it seems like people have had this problem even before snow leopard came out.

Does anyone know of a solution or what the problem could be?

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

3. clee21 thread starter macrumors newbie

bump

anyone out there have this problem? Its driving me crazy, and I gotta figure out how to fix it. Maybe someone knows where to find the fix?

4. maniacshredder macrumors newbie

Solved it

I had the same problem after viewing a slide show from bridge on a second monitor. I solved it by unchecking the "Blackout additional monitors" in the slideshow options. :)

5. fbergeron macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and your answer solve it.

When you talked about the second monitor... i think i have an idea : i have mobile me and my mac book pro and my imac are synchronize (preferences). Maybe my mac book pro was thinking that i had 2 monitors.